Prime Minister Boris Johnson addressed the nation on Covid19 virus pandemic:
The key new measures he announced included:
- Avoid meeting friends, if friends ask you to meet, say NO.
- Everyone apart from key workers must stay at home.
- Do not meet family members who do not live in your home.
- Do not go shopping except for essentials like food and medicine – do this as little as you can. Use food deliveries if possible.
- The Police have powers to enforce the PM’s instructions including fines and and dispersing gatherings if you do not follow these instructions.
- All shops selling non-essential goods will be closed, including clothing and electronic stores and libraries, playgrounds an outdoor gymnasiums and places of worship.
- Gatherings of more than two people are not permitted except people you live with.
- All social events will stop including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies excluding funerals.
- Parks will remain open for one exercise run per day.
- These restrictions will be reviewed in three weeks and relax them if evidence make it possible.
- The NHS is mobilising 7500 former clinicians to strengthens efforts to fight Covid19 virus.
- This is a national emergency so stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives. Thank you.